Thursday, June 2, 2011

Finally made it...

Laundry detergent that is. Every two weeks I buy detergent. It's one of those things I would rather not spend so much money on. Kinda like buying tires or paying for an oil change.  So I gathered all the supplies and KK and I got it going.  You can find all of this at Wal-mart
in the laundry section.
Supplies:
washing soda
borax
 one bar of soap, I used fels-naptha because its good for stains




We shaved the bar of soap, well KK did. It kept her busy for quite awhile :)

 Mix 1 cup washing soda, 1 cup borax, and one shaved bar of soap, Stir for five minutes and you are finished. One batch fits nicely into a Dannon yogurt tub.

One Tablespoon per load of laundry or 1/4 a cup for the heavy soiled loads.

Borax $2.89
washing soda $2.50
fels-naptha soap .89

Total $5.18

The borax and washing soda will even make a few batches. The detergent doesn't leave a huge smell but my home-made dryer sheets make up for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

growgiggles | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012